Indigenous in Southeast Asia and immensely present in Thailand, Burma and Malaysia, teak wood is a valued material used with different purposes. Basically noted for smelling as good as leather when freshly broken down from a tree, it may vary in color from shades of gold to dark brown. It’s extremely heavy and has a good texture ideal for excellent carving results. From boat docks, ship hull and decks, knobs, handle, beams, column as well as indoor and outdoor furniture, this wood is commonly preferred by plenty of people due to its beauty and flexibility, in addition to the abovementioned characteristics.
Advantageous for having a lifelong mortality rate and other commendable details, there are several ways on how we may efficiently reap benefits from this good lumber or specific type of wood. Thinking about using it for your kit homes interior? Below is an enumeration of some leading uses of teak wood we may consider in different situations – mainly in residential and workplace spaces:
- Long been treasured because of its durability, ability to withstand weather changes including its creditable resistance against water and other liquid substances, teak wood is a popular choice for most home owners and employers even though it cost more than other options. Consequently, the existing pricing rate is greatly affected by the current demand for this good lumber which is widely known for being high. Both the home owners and employers should disregard the expenses made when purchasing because putting some teak wood products all around a residential or a workplace space is priceless.
- Installing teak wood sheets as floor surfaces on kit homes would not only create and elegant appeal to both places mentioned above. As a water resistant type of lumber because of high oil and rubber content, teak wood is indeed one of the wisest choices for home and office floors because since spills are hardly prevented, sudden expenditure related to the repair of water damaged wood floor should be eliminated in possibility. Also, among others, teak wood does not necessitate a lamination.
- Aside from floors, ceiling may also contain some pieces of teak wood when its planks are placed. As a fine quality lumber, teak wood would work its excellence at home as a good insulator, in specific, against heat due to its natural oil content. Apart from that, both the home owners and employers would save a lot of money since this good lumber is also worthy because it resists fungal stains while repelling certain insects from destroying the ceiling.
- Walls are one of the utmost element at home and in offices, placing sheets out of teak wood would not only contribute to aesthetic appeal but, apart from it, when a home owner and an employer invest in teak wood walls, an assurance that this good lumber would do well with iron and all other metals is guaranteed. While some wood contact with metals provokes corrosion, teak wood does not require its purchases to suffer such drawback tendency.
- Tables, chairs, cabinets are three home and office essentials. Granting low maintenance composing of easy cleaning, since common occupants of these two places are with hectic schedules, preserving the best quality of indoor furniture made of teak wood is protected. On the other hand, patio furniture delivers long term benefits for all. Apart from that, teak wood is considered as eco-friendly because of its main characteristics. From a rainy day to sunny ones, its performance does not flop.
Being attractive, elegant and timeless, teak wood is preferred as key interior piece for most residential and workplace spaces among other available materials. Although it’s quite expensive to buy teak wood furniture and pieces, these revealed benefits for both residents and employers in longer terms. Accordingly, when obtaining some, following a credible teak wood purchasing guide would increase such worthy advances. As the only limit of this good lumber, it should not be rubbed with sandpaper.